- With Notes from official PR release
Future of Film Showcase (FOFS) returns for its ninth year this June 17-25, 2022. The hybrid festival will showcase 14 short films in-person at Scotiabank Theatre Toronto on June 19, 2022 from the next generation of great Canadian filmmakers, all of whom are 40 and younger. After nine years of exclusively screening short films, FOFS will introduce an opening night feature film to its programming this year. The opening night feature will screen alongside two additional shorts. Those eager to participate in-person can attend panels, workshops, screenings and a special keynote presentation at Scotiabank Theatre Toronto. FOFS’s short film programming will also be streaming on CBC Gem beginning on June 20, 2022 and available for free to audiences across Canada.
FOFS supports emerging Canadian filmmakers by providing them with a platform that celebrates their art alongside an audience as unique as they are, and allows filmmakers to network, cultivate, and share their talent through an annual film festival and professional development events throughout the year.
This year’s festival lineup includes a variety of shorts including:
- BUMP directed by Maziyar Khatam will have their Toronto premiere at FOFS 2022
- CHANSON POUR LE NOUVEAU MONDE (Song for the New World) directed by Miryam Charles and distributed by Serge Abiaad will have its Ontario premiere at the festival
- TIL IT BLOOMS directed by Wendy Xu and Po Wei Su will have its Canadian premiere
- PREMIUM PORNOGRAPHY directed by Toronto based filmmaker Simon Ruscinski will have its Toronto premiere
- BODY OF LIGHT directed by David Gaudette will have its Ontario premiere.
- JOHNNY CROW directed by Xstine Cook and Jesse Gouchey (Cree Papaschase) will have its Ontario premiere
- ABUELA directed by Rebeca Ortiz will have its Toronto premiere at the festival this year
Visit fofs.ca for the full list of this year’s programming and event schedule in the lead-up to June 17. Future of Film Showcase can also be found on Instagram and Twitter at @FutureFilmShow and #FOFS2022
ABOUT THE FUTURE OF FILM SHOWCASE
The Future of Film Showcase (FOFS) is a not-for-profit Canadian arts organization established in 2014 with a mandate to foster the voices of emerging talent across Canada. FOFS has partnered with Cineplex. Canada’s leading media and entertainment company to host the festival in the heart of Toronto. FOFS will also be streaming for free on CBC Gem.